“Love You More, The Divine Surprise of Adopting My Daughter” is about Jennifer Grant’s journey of adopting her daughter Mia. Even though Jennifer and her husband, David had three children, Jennifer felt inspired to have another child. Starting with Divine inspiration to the actual moment of bringing the child home to live in the US, Grant fits together a wonderful story by sharing the highs and lows of the adoption process.
A few key points of the book that stood out to me:
- The author shares a brief history of her life leading up to the decision to adopt
- The story of friends’ adoption that probably was another source of inspiration
- Receiving confirmation from God in special/unique ways that brought assurance that the decision was right
- Flashbacks to her youth and how it somehow relates to today
- The pros and cons of adoption
Grant meshes all of these together well; when the storyline seemed at times to go down different paths, she managed to keep it on course.
I thought the book was interesting, engaging, and heartfelt -- touching. I knew from the beginning that I would like it.
I would definitely recommend this book for those that are considering adoption. (At the end of the book are lists of useful resources.) I would also recommend the book for those that cherish stories about family and love.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”